I had the pleasure of being invited to Banana Boat’s 101 Days of Summer Event in Orlando this weekend. Turns out it was a great day to be outdoors because Tropical Storm Debbie hit us the very next day. We had a great day on Saturday enjoying various activities in the park. This served as a great reminder of all the fun families can have outside. Our host Melanie Edwards @modernmami really did it up. She was thoughtful enough to have activities for the bigger kids (ages 5+) and some things for my toddlers.
I have always been diligent about applying sunscreen to my face for vanity reasons (who needs to age prematurely?) But I admit I have not always been as diligent when it comes to my kids who spend even more time in the sun than I do. When I did apply sunscreen, it turns out I wasn’t using nearly enough. I learned that you need to apply a golf ball sized amount of sunscreen to be truly protected. And contrary to popular belief, even though our brown babies have some additional melanin in their skin, sunscreen is still a must. It protects against immediate sunburns but also protects from long-term damage.
I was happy to sample the NEW! Natural Reflect line from Banana Boat because it was packed with benefits including several I appreciate as a Mom of kids with sensitive skin:
- Mild as water with no paraben or PABA ( from my blog you all know one of my 2-year olds struggles with eczema so I look for products that are as mild as possible)
- SPF 50+ (That’s the same factor Beyonce uses)
- Tear Free and Sting Free(we all know if we sting a baby once they will never want to use the product again)
- Water Resistant up to 80 Minutes (We have swim lessons in a few weeks so yay!)
- 100% Naturally Sourced Mineral Sunscreen Actives, Zinc Oxide (again really good for my daughter’s skin)
- Mild on Baby’s Delicate, Sensitive Skin
- Recommended by The Skin Cancer Foundation
- Pediatrician Tested